ultimate gamming machine

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I wanted to know if I did a good job making the best gamming system I could for a $3000 budget including computer and monitor. what I got is in my sig.

computerdude2004

I wouldn't have used valueRAM. I would have use like hyper-x RAM from Kington. You video card is ok, how much memory on it?. Is your monitor a CRT or LCD. 2 Raid drives will be fast. The rest look good as well. You might want one 7,200 RPM drive, and one 10,000 RPM drive. Install the games on the faster drive for better performance.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Asus k8t800 moutherboard(using the intergrated sound)
1. I hope you mean K8T800Pro motherboard otherwise you'll have fun fitting a Socket939 chip into a Socket754 board
2. Grab a nForce series board ... otherwise you'll just be holding your chip back. While the K8T800Pros do a very decent job of OCing especially considering they are Via chipsets they wont match the NF3/NF4s. Now if you dont intend on getting a OC setup then get the Athlon64-4000 and save your money because the only point of a FX is to OC like a crazy nut

1 DVDRW and 1 CDRW
As long as its not Sony, LG, Cicero, Pine, HP, Optirite etc then you're fine

I wanted to know if I did a good job making the best gamming system I could for a $3000 budget including computer and monitor
Is that including tax or shipping? Cuz you could do better for $3000 i think.

You video card is ok, how much memory on it?.
1. Okay? Its only one of the most powerful setups on the planet.
2. All 6800Us come with 256MB (so far cuz the 512s havnt hit the streets)

2 Raid drives will be fast
Yet numerous tests left right and centre will clearly indicate that there wont be an earth shattering improvement in general performance -- especially gaming performance. Its more for applications where you make use of a crapload of a data in sequence. :)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
computer

Is your monitor a CRT or LCD

It is LCD which I perfer. 1280X1024 resoultion is good enough for me

I hope you mean K8T800Pro

yes I ment pro sorry for the confusing

As long as its not Sony, LG, Cicero, Pine, HP, Optirite etc then you're fine

none of those one is nec and one lite-on

Is that including tax or shipping? Cuz you could do better for $3000 i think.

that does include shipping and tax. I really only spent $2800 you got to remeber video card cost $520 and processor $850 and monitor $400

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What is wrong with Sony DVD burners?
1. Overcharged

2. With the explicit exception of the new 710 DVD burner; Sony burners are crap for being 2-sheep burners (a cd-burner connessueir term if you will) and dont live up to precision requirements for say, image making. I myself had a Sony burner 32x16x32 (actually a whole bunch of these, with similar results) and they had crummy endurance ... the crappiest of the bunch survived 120CDs nonstop the best survived 400CD ... meanwhile, take, say a LiteOn, ASUS or Plextor burner ... you can keep shoving CDs into that thing well untill you ran out of CDs)

3. Did i mention overcharged?