"Unknown Flash Type" On Boot & Then Does Nothing?!?

Southy

Hi all,
I have these two computers and one is currently running perfect with windows xp installed, and the other one I just put together with a new motherboard and other parts I had lying around.... the one I put together is newer and got better/faster parts in it so I basicall wanted to take the hd out of the old one and stick it in the new one and use it instead.

This was fine, I pulled out the hd of the old one, stuck it in the new one and booted it up. It boots up fine, detects the cdrom and hard drive, but right at the bottom of the screen where it would usually check for boot sequence (like cdrom, floppy, etc) it says "Unknown Flash Type" and the cursor is underneath it so its like someone hit enter after that appeared... then it just sits there and does nothing.... I think the screen starts to go fussy a bit too, but not that noticable...

Some of the settings, I have the bios in the new one set to only boot from HD-0 and nothing else... its connected to the onboard video and the old one was using a 32mb card that I put in myself.

Any ideas on whats wrong or what I'm doing wrong or why I cant jsut move the hard drive over to the new machine?

pip22

If the drive you moved from the old PC to the new one has Windows XP on it, it will not run unless the new PC is exactly the same as the one you took the drive from (same motherboard, same processor, same BIOS etc.).