usb device lockup computer

le_stick

Hello people,

I have a problem with my usb ports. Currently have have two ports in the back, they are of the mother board, and I connect those to a printer and a scanner. However, when I remove one of those device and connect a new device such as usb/flash memory or digital camera or any other usb device, my computer will lockup. And the only way I can reset the computer is by pressing the reset button. Please help me if you can. Thanks in advance

My computer spec is as follow:

Mother Board: MSI-6580, 845G Max
CPU: pentium 4 2GHz
Memory: 1G crucial
video card: evag 5700 Ultra
HDD: 60G western digital
optocal drive: generic

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
However, when I remove one of those device and connect a new device such as usb/flash memory or digital camera or any other usb device, my computer will lockup.
Did it actually lock up or is it just taking forever... sometimes the 1st time you plug the device in it can damn damn near forever

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah, it happened to me with a Fuji camera: the computer froze when plugged in. I was very nervous because some documents were unsaved, so I went to a smoke and a beer. But at the end of the beer the computer was running again and everything was fine...

le_stick

Praetor said:
Did it actually lock up or is it just taking forever... sometimes the 1st time you plug the device in it can damn damn near forever

You are right, it's just take forever before winxp can detect the darn thing. Thanks for all your help/suggestion

le_stick

Praetor said:
Not a problem... after the first time it shouldnt take long anymore right? :)

Yes!!! right now my computer and recognizes those device fairly quickly. Again, Thank you very much for your help