USB ports won't work

dusty

I recently reinstalled xp and now the UBS ports wont work. I looked in device manager to see whats going on and this is what i got..

- Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
- Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller -24C2
- Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller -24C4
- Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller -24C7

There seems to be nothing wrong with the '2.0 Enhanced Host Controller' saying "The device is working properly". But the 'Universal Host Controllers' all say "No drivers ae installed for this device". :confused:

I tried searching for the drivers on my discs that came with my comp, and the USB is enabled in BIOS. Help please! I'm probably doing something wrong or not looking in the right places. Or a link to were i can download the drivers from. Cheers :)

dusty

First i tried my printer/scanner/copier. and i wondered why it wouldn't work (this was before i realised something wrong with the usb ports), then i tried connecting my modem and that didnt work (btw im on a different computer because i cant get on the internet for obvious reasons) then i tried plugging in my logitech quickcam and digital camera, i'v tried all the ports and they don't recognize the devices. I probably need a driver for them, but where do i get the correct one? It must be something i'm doing and not the computer :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No for the actual controller no. If you did you wouldnt be able to see them in Device Manager