vb gold

ian

Administrator
Staff member
woohoo, getting a step closer to the final gold release.
vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Development progress marches on and bugs discovered since RC3 was released have been fixed. It's worth noting that the average severity of bugs being found now is significantly less than in previous releases, and we are rapidly approaching the point at which we can declare the vBulletin 3 code to be stable and suitable for production use. Therefore, we are currently confident that the next release will be the final 'Gold' version. That's not a guarantee of course, but if the RC4 period sees a similar decrease in the severity and importance of discovered bugs as we have seen recently, Gold is on the cards.

I expect the vBulletin 3 graphics to be finalized in the next few days, and when they are we may update the RC4 package in the members' area to include the new images, depending on how close we consider the Gold version's release to be.

The vBulletin 3 manual is shaping up to be a comprehensive document containing all sorts of useful information about installing, running and maintaining a vBulletin 3 board. In conjunction with the inline help available in the Admin CP, vBulletin 3 should be the best documented version we have released to date.

One new thing has been added for RC4 - after multiple requests we have now included an Admin CP style based on the colors of the front-end style. Funnily enough, you'll find it called vBulletin 3 Frontend.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think they should have stopped at beta 7
I dont like the add ons since then.

Christopher

VIP Member
I think its getting really bloat these days. The look of it is getting worse and worse with each release -- maybe they should hire a designer or something :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think so, there were a few main things they needed, a quick reply box as standard, to make it more search engine friendly, and the html wysiwyg editor type reply box is good. But there are some areas where I think they have implemented change just for the sake of it. The menu area at the top is just too big, but I guess there are ways of customizing that.