video card/moniter problem

dr_kation

i have an ati radeon 7500
i am having a problem with my moniter when ever i try to play games like battlefield 1942 right before the loading screen comes up the screen goes black and wont turn back on so i have to turn the computer off when the computer comes back on it says something about my video card causing an error im not sure what to do

Jimbob1989

banned
I had a demo with problems like that. I dont know if it was the demo or if the program is just demanding of resources.

Jimbob

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I found this post on another forum for a similar problem:
Go Start/Run and type in DXDIAG and press Enter. DXDIAG opens. Click on the More Help tab and then click on the Override button. Take it off of default and put in a value of 75 and say ok and exit DXDIAG. See if the problem is then fixed or not.
Hope it helps

72montecarlo

Good idea to get the new drivers, teh one on the cd accompanied with the card suck. i used to have one. but none the less i still had driver issues with the radeon in certain games. which i now dont with my nvidia card.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Doesnt BF1942 require DX8.1 hadrware support to play? (much like SilentHill3) ... this would definitely excluse non-tweaked Radeon7500s from playing.