Video cards for laptops?

FinalDistance

I have a problem. I bought a sony viao desktop comp that has the tower attached to the monitor. I called up the company about upgrading my video card and they said that I can only purchase a PCMCIA type 2 video card and put it into a slot in the unit.

PCMCIA are the type of cards that laptops take. I have been looking all over NY, no luck. The guy who i spoke to told me that youn can buy them at Best Buy, comp USA, but i have been to almost every one and no luck. So does anyone know a site where I can order them from?

Thank you in advance!

Rick G

I found a video card for your pcmcia slot but the little bugger is $300. If you still want to go that route let me know and I'll get the URL for you.

FinalDistance

Rick G said:
I found a video card for your pcmcia slot but the little bugger is $300. If you still want to go that route let me know and I'll get the URL for you.

Thanks Rick! Well, that is quite up there, but give me the link, i just might purchase it. I want to play these games on this comp so badly. I woudn't mind paying 300 as long as it can play them.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
well, after reading about those cards a bit, i am not sure if they will meet your needs. the specs on them are pretty low as far as game playing is concerned.

lunartype

i have a related problem; i have a laptop with no video out and i'm looking for a pcmcia video out card so i can use my Tv as a monitor? is this the $300 card you mentioned what i need too?
i don't want to use it to play i just want to see my music visualizer etc on my Tv
max