Virus i can't get rid of... HELP PLEASE

lloyd

I have got my mates computer in front of me because he has got a virus on it. He said when he got it, it came up as the bloodhound virus :confused: Well, ive gone into safe mode, deleted a hell of alot of useless programs like seach engines and toolbars, deleted all cookies, and temporary files, done a disk check, run ad-aware. It wont let me run norton so i cant do much there... IS there anything i can do to get it off..

The computer is useless in its normal state, it has a black screen, sometimes switches itself off, and no programs can be opened. Its only in safe mode where i can actually do anything.

ANy help would be much appreciated!!

Lloyd

lloyd

rite...i restored it to two months ago, and i can get into the actuall user name on normal windows now, but it is really slow, and takes forever to open programs. But when i check on running processes in task manager, and say i have tried to open internet explorer twice, there will be two ''IEXPLORE.EXE'' but no visible programs. Whats wrong with it??

Buzz1927

Digaredd
With safemode with networking, you can get online, which you can't in safemode, but only go to the sites I mentioned, as your firewall and antivirus won't be up.

lloyd

ok thanks..im performing the first scan now, but its taking ages. If its still slow after both of these scans, what are my next options?

Buzz1927

Digaredd
186 is quite a lot, which is good, when it gets to something like 98.2% it takes a while as well, you being online is gonna slow it down as well. The kaspersky scan is a lot quicker.

lloyd

im not on the computer that im scanning either, i got me mates. And im doing it for no money what so ever...must be mad