Weird Problem with the Creative Webcam Pro in XP... need help

HWX ronin

Hey guys, been browising through the forums, im new here -seems to be a great resort for help with pretty much everything lol, im to be 20 and have alot to learn so go easy on me LOL

Oh well, i recently got myself a Creative Webcam PRO, i borowed it from a friend who got it with his ADSL start-pakage, have No CD for it so i went and downloaded the drivers from Creatives homepage.

It works, i get fairly good imagequality actually everything seems to work allright
.. for 10 mins.. then it just dies! the little green led goes out and it freeses the image, in for instance MSN, i've tried other apps too -it acts the same in those.

if im lucky, i can plug it out and wait a couple mins, plug it back in and it works again -sometimes when i plug it back in, i just get one of those messages saying "Usb device isn't recogniced and wont work properly" (or something similar, i have a swedish install of XP so..)

the Creative webcam Pro is no new camera.. and i understand that the drivers out for it (only tried the ones from creative's homepage) might not be upgraded or updated to work well with XP.. but still, i get image -it starts sending and everything IS working, but only for some time!!

as i said, im running Windows XP SP1 (Sp2 causes more probs than it fixes i've been told so..) got the drivers for the cam and the USB ports are working fine -usb 1.0, mostly using MSN messenger.

Any help would be Greatly appriceated

Thanks for a great forum and i hope some of you geniouses out there have an answer for me lol, not able to buy a new cam for a while so..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I asusme this is a USB interface ... do you have the latest USB drivers? Consider also trying a different USB port :)

HWX ronin

doesn't matter what USB port im using, i have 2 of them in the back, on the motherboard -not using a hub or anything, the cam acts the same way on both ports.

i think i have the latest USB's yes