what happen to all the CD(+)R/RW Burners?

marquita188

I mean, I've got a multi DVD burner but it don't burn CD+R/RW media..
I've been doing some looking, and I can't seem to find any other multi burners that burns all the other media and CD+R/RW Discs too....

Why is that?

CD+R and CD+RW the forgotten media :(

Last edited:

ZER0X

VIP Member
These day's people would rather burn on a dvd format because it holds alot more. 4GB's, CDR hold 700MB thats a big difference.

ZER0X

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
These day's people would rather burn on a dvd format because it holds alot more. 4GB's, CDR hold 700MB thats a big difference.
- That's 4GB of data that can go bad if you look at the disc the wrong way. Those things develop scratches from thin air faster than the speed of light.
- For the record, i hate DVDs. Terrible space-efficiency/cost ratio. CDs all the way and since i only put one thing per disc, it's a waste to put a 700MB or 1400MB on a 4GB disc ... so i guess i dont qualify as most people :p

Joefox

I don't know where you are looking, but if you mean you cannot find a DVD burner that can burn CDs as well, you are looking in the wrong spot.

marquita188

Joefox said:
I don't know where you are looking, but if you mean you cannot find a DVD burner that can burn CDs as well, you are looking in the wrong spot.

no, I already have DVD Burner. i was just wondering what ever happen to the CD+R, CD+RW media, that's all.

and those Multi DVD Burners don't have CD+R and CD+RW media. just CD-R, CD-RW..

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and those Multi DVD Burners don't have CD+R and CD+RW media. just CD-R, CD-RW..
I dunno how i missed this the first time.... there's a reason they dont burn CD+R(W) -- that's because there's no such thing. CDs are "prissy" like DVDs and they are a mature technology (so hence you dont have multiformat wars). You wont find CD+R(W) media either :)

marquita188

Praetor said:
I dunno how i missed this the first time.... there's a reason they dont burn CD+R(W) -- that's because there's no such thing. CDs are "prissy" like DVDs and they are a mature technology (so hence you dont have multiformat wars). You wont find CD+R(W) media either :)

wow really?
thanks!