What Have You Bought From e-Bay Lately?

alienationware

Hi, I'm wondering whether e-Bay is worth it or not, as I've never actually bought anything from e-Bay. What have you bought from e-Bay lately?

zilla

A ton... you just gotta make sure that the person you're buying from is reputable... i.e. they have a very good feedback score... no lower than 98% or so

Last edited:

Rambo

lol!

My WHOLE computer which is for my xmas pressie :D

CPU - AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 Ghz 33 Mhz FSB - OK, maybe a bit pricey but they were brand new and retail boxed with a HS Fan - £62
Motherboard - ASUS A7N8X-X - Now that was a steal for £21 pounds!
Case - GAMEBOMB ATX Case WITH 400Watt PSU - Only £15
Fans - lol I got this off a bloke whos flogging millions of em for 1 penny lol!!
RAM - 512 MB DDR PC2700 SAMSUNG KOREA (£31)
HDD - Maxtor 90 GB 7200 RPM 8 MB Cache (only for £35, now that's a steal!)
Mouse - Substantial Optical Gowing & Transparent Sony Mouse (i bought it for 99p!!)
Mouse Mat - Deluxe gel pad - £1.15
Monitor - 15 Sony Vivitron - £15!!!

All in all, costed around 150 to 160 quid. Very good price for what I got methinks :D

Have fun eBuying!

Rambo - Tim

ATTN: Great Christmas gift idea

yeah car parts, computer parts, a sweater, backpacks... I'ved looked into a violin on ebay but that's too subjective to buy online.
160 british pounds, that's about $300?
Most recently I got a reverse osmosis unit. And also a 64MB Victorinox Swissmemory pocket knives... That's right, the maker of the swiss army knife makes knives with integrated USB drives.

IPXP

I buy and sell over ebay, but lately I've been buying computer books for my college/Learn Direct courses, to help me learn more.

But I will be selling my Sony Playstation with games soon and I've bought and sold all sorts of things :)

I find it pretty invaluble, amazon is also pretty good but not AS good as ebay :cool: You can get some great bargains, I'm looking to buy a laptop from off ebay within the next few weeks.

rars222

I agree about the feedback score, but I also think you should take a close look at any negative and neutral feedback. If the person has had a ton transactions, then 98% may not be good enough. It could be misleading just to consider the percentages.

In the long run...do not bid on something just b/c the price is right. If you have ANY question about the person's reputation, move on to the next item

Ive bought alot of stuff, both high end and low end:
Laptop
Cell phone
Memorabilia

I've sold a bunch too
Stereo receivers
speakers
video card

Rambo

I have only payed on eBay via PayPal and postal Check. I recommend PayPal though, it's fast, secure and easy. You can sign up for free. Do note though, on some items (some things that I have bought on eBay) it says that you have to be PayPal Verified before they send you the Item. This basically means you have to do 3 steps to make your account 'verified'. Errrm:

1) Add Bank Account
2) Setup Direct Debit
3) Finish PayPal Merchant Information

Those are also done freely, and you get a $1.95 bonus for free :D

There is also a service similar called 'NoChex' which seems to be becoming popular. I see it regularly on eBay saying that you can pay by NoChex.

Yep, so as I said, PayPal or Nochex (not sure about NoChex to be honest, all I heard is that they are similar to PayPal).

You can pay by Credit Card, but they take money off of you (so-called handling-fee), postal check too (takes a couple of days to wait for the check to pay in, then they send it. So, if you don't mind waiting.....), or by Cash. I DON'T recommend doing this. Anything can happen.

That's just about it mate, nighty night. I'm off to bed now :p

alienationware

Thank you

Hey thanks. :p I hope to be e-baying soon. Last question, how was the delivery of goods? What shipping charges do you normally acrue?

Rambo

Last question, how was the delivery of goods? What shipping charges do you normally acrue?

Hmmmm, well that's quite hard to answer. It all depends where the item is located, the weight, and the shipping method being paid for.

When you win/buy the product, the person usually says how long delivery will take.

Also, you could be buying very expensive goods (for example, a motherboard which cost me £21 and shipping was £5). But then you could be buying cheap goods, which are very heavy (for example, I bought a 15" Sony Vivitron Monitor for 99p, but shipping was £15).

The question above is very hard to give a straight answer, so I can't give you exact information. What I CAN say is, most items which are for auction, owned by a reputable person, usually offer a good shipping price.

Have fun eBuying!

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
the last thing i purchased on ebay was a sony clie for my step father. i mostly purchase car parts on ebay these days.

calvinius

yer i've bought quite a few items from e-bay the only downside to this is the delivery times, i recommend some sort of registered mail service
I'm from the UK and our normal first class postal services here suck big time

alienationware

On the mail

On the mail... If you live in the States, how long does it normally take for you to receive the items and what service do they send the stuff to you?

rars222

All of my purchases were paid via paypal. I just like the convenience of it all. I haven't had a bad experience yet, except for 1 time when the seller misrepresented a laptop they were selling. They had the wrong model and I had already paid. They did issue a refund though, so I can't complain.

Most of my sales were via paypal as well. I did accept a personal check in one instance, but it was for $11...All payments must be from a confirmed address. I guess that helps to prevent credit card fraud. Ebay has a ton of info on their website for buyers and sellers and the forums are extremely helpful.

Bottom line...If you ever sense 2 + 2 doesn't = 4 ... walk away. There are too many scams.

Good luck!