What speakers are you running?

JSquier

Just trying to see what all is out there. I have Altec Lansing 4 channel surround with sub. Sounds really good, but one of the surround bases stopped working so the rears are on the front ones. Meaning they are made to mount on top...kinda weird but it works :)

pic for reference:

ComputerDesk.jpg

magicman

VIP Member
Currently a Mercury Home Theater HT-4500, one of the most basic and tacky 5.1 surround sound systems I could find lol. Soon to be upgrading to a Logitech Z-5500, whenever I feel like I want to spend the money.

speaker-mercury4-big.gif

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Eh... I can't recall the name of mine... H(something)/K(something) They are from an older Dell that I bought from someone then resold for more, keeping a few of the better parts :eek: The speakers are only 2.1, but they sound really good! Besides, when I listen to MP3s, I normally just use my stereo, which has an MP3 player build in.

Desk_8_17_06.jpg

Bobo

banned
Eh... I can't recall the name of mine... H(something)/K(something) They are from an older Dell that I bought from someone then resold for more, keeping a few of the better parts :eek: The speakers are only 2.1, but they sound really good! Besides, when I listen to MP3s, I normally just use my stereo, which has an MP3 player build in.

Desk_8_17_06.jpg
What book is that under your monitor?

I have Logitech X-530s.

jljhlhl

Desk_8_17_06.jpg

Harman/Karden? Good name.

I have Logitech x530's. No room for the 5.1 surround, so they're all piled together by my screen, lol.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine are Harman/Kardon which came with my Hp computer.

It also has a socket so i can add a Subwoofer.

But considering getting new ones anyway.

SirKenin

banned
Logitech Z-680's for this computer, Z-2200's for the computer behind me. I would show a picture, but you can barely see anything for all the mess.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I have a Monsoon 2.1 flat panel surround sound system that puts out a max of 96 decibels :D. At about a fifth of the total power, you can hear the sub just about anywhere in this 3000 sq ft house :D I have the box around here somewhere, I'll look for the exact model later...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Sitting at my desktop now(great to be home!) Speakers are Harman/Kardon.

As for the book, it's an old Mastering A+ Certification I got back when I was in Cisco. They had some old books they were getting rid of so I took a few. I have another A+ book I like better so I just stuck this one under my monitor. I thought it fit :p

Archangel

VIP Member
Infinity TTS-SAT 450, its a set of 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer. I dont have a surround amp for them yet, so i have just 2 of them connected and the subwoofter, (so im using 2.0 channels for those) and have currently 2 generic pc speakers as rear.. I still have to look for a nice 5.1 surround Amp + a soundcard that suits it :)

Last edited:

Kuli24

I'm running Klipsch Promedia 5.1 system, which is amaaaaazing. Quality like none other, especially through my sound card in sig. I highly recommend klipsch. A little pricy, as I paid almost $600 canadian for them, but they are 500watts.

The_Beast

On my family computer I have Polk 2.0 and they work just fine for music.

once i get my new computer i really want 5.1 not sure what model or brand yet

Impr3ssiv3

I have some cheap cruddy Creative P5800 5.1 speakers..

prod10596_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

ahahah yeah *cough* right high performance *cough*

i have those and they are crappy

i think that are pretty good, well compared to my ****** 2.1 that sounds like **** when i turned them up

Last edited by a moderator: