What type of internet do you have

• High Speed

Votes: 81 95.3%
  • Dial Up

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Tayl

VIP Member
Highspeed: 5.5Mb ADSL Max. Although word of warning to UK DSL Subscribers. If they try to talk you into ADSL Max, don't do it! It's shockingly poor for uptime without disconnects. I get disconnected at least 6 times a night!

leSHok

if there is someone here with dial up... i know how u feel (i used to have AOL until like 2 years ago AH)

I had Earthlink for a while and it was @ 28.8Kbps, half of what's normal. I have no patience, I have Verizon @3Mbps now. I want Cable, Verizon has its traffic waves and they have no way of balancing it.

holdenssx

I've got comcast with their PowerBoost, and it really works, sometimes I get 15mbps.
48f3h2e.jpg

TFT

VIP Member
I have ADSL Max, line supports 7.6Mbps
I get 6Mbps probably because it has nothing to do with BT, where I live we have Kingston Communications, the only independant telecomms in the UK.:D

Don't even know what a disconnection is :confused:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Highspeed: 5.5Mb ADSL Max. Although word of warning to UK DSL Subscribers. If they try to talk you into ADSL Max, don't do it! It's shockingly poor for uptime without disconnects. I get disconnected at least 6 times a night!
Right there with ya man, im on Bt's 8Mb package and it is supplid through the ADSL Max program, biggest POS i've ever had the misfortune of using in my life, seriously... and they've rolled it out to 99.9% of excahnges now, ffs, its a POS stop pushing it...

Im changing soon hopefully to "Be" broadband. 24Mbps with a 15Mbps guaranteed connection, as far as i can work out they dont use ADSL Max whcih is absolutely brilliant, unlimited download limits aswell. 1.3Mbps upload and 24Mbps download not bad at all

https://www.bethere.co.uk/ (the Be Unlimited package)

dragon

Tayl

VIP Member
Before you choose an ISP I recommend, if you haven't already, at looking into Zen. A friend of mine is with them on a business line and it's amazing. Now they provide an internet connection that does do exactly what it says on the tin. With great customer support too.

69mako

Dial-up all the way. High-speed isn't availible in my area exceot for satillite and I'm not paying their rates!!

Mako

spitviper

I have 7mb down usually about 700kbs upload from brighthouse/timewarrner
My cousin has dialup though and i cant stand going onto his computer