Whats my Memory Brand?

Weasel

is there any way to find out what brand and speed my memory is? i cant seem to find my receipt (stupid of me, i know) and i bought it way too long ago to remember :(
thank you for the feedback

4W4K3

VIP Member
Weasel said:
is there any way to find out what brand and speed my memory is? i cant seem to find my receipt (stupid of me, i know) and i bought it way too long ago to remember :(
thank you for the feedback

look at the actual RAM, there should be a sticker on it with a logo or brand name.
or get CPU-Z and it might tell you.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Thx ... i didnt know a new CPUz was out ... i knew that screen looked different!

To answer the question, the memory will work but you might consider getting even cheaper memory... no need to "pull out the corsair" if you are going to match it with no-name memory :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
To answer the question, the memory will work but you might consider getting even cheaper memory... no need to "pull out the corsair" if you are going to match it with no-name memory :)

newegg doesnt have much cheaper 512mb sticks...but maybe a diff website does. i bought http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-217&depa=1 (that stuff) and it works well for the same price. look around for something cheaper if you want too...$77 is a lil much i think.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
newegg doesnt have much cheaper 512mb sticks
LOL ok i didnt bother checking the price (i'm not a fan of newegg both for service and price but thats a different rant heehee) i just figured theres no reason to pay for the Corsair name if the system wont make the most of it :)

Its very easy to get 512MB PC3200 for $50USD in small computer stores :)