What's price of Ethernet card and cable?

bull88

My son is going to colage to get a edykation. Need to buy SMC or 3COM brand card and a cable to attach his Intel box to network. Can I set this up and who sells these online?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Shouldnt ever be paying more than $50 although if you hunt around $25 isnt very hard to find. :)

Fure6

yea, they are super cheap...i think i saw a network card for $10 new the other day in a magizine and your son needs cat5e cable which you can buy at Manards (i just heard that from a friend tonight, he said that it's on the second floor if your manard has a second floor) for cheaper than like bestbuy. The cable is the cable that you install walls, but it's most definally cheaper! but here is a link to a 14Ft cable: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384717238&skuId=5364241&type=product from bestbuy.

If your son has a laptop, he would probably much enjoy if he had a wireless network, but those are pricey. If he has one of those, he can do homework on his bed, out in the lounge, in the cafiteira (probably not, but possible),

tommy8748

bull88 said:
My son is going to colage to get a edykation. Need to buy SMC or 3COM brand card and a cable to attach his Intel box to network. Can I set this up and who sells these online?
Wthernet card and cable shouldn't cost over $110 with tax that's how much I payed for mine the company was ethernet and 3com

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm.... i still think it's doable... if i recall correctly the wires arent solid and have markings on them with each wire having a different marking patttern :p