Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

apj101

VIP Member
OK, the world has moved since 2003 when the last poll was made, i thought it best to start with a new thread to reflect all the new technology

So which CPU brand would you choose?

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
hmm, I think i'll hold off voting until my next PC build, since I'm still using my old amd 64 2800+ right now.

Rambo

Had to vote Intel since I have just built my E6300 Allendale system.

I'm glad you made another poll for this, because I had voted AMD in the other one :)

ckfordy

banned
Well i have a AMD processor right now that is really good at gaming. But now that conroes out i think i will vote for intel.

Tayl

VIP Member
I haven't actually ever purchased an Intel processor within my life. Come to tihnk of it, I've never owned a PC that has had one in either, thus I have chosen to go with AMD. Although there are indeed the new Conroes out which by the sounds of it out perform all current AMD processors, I haven't actually used one myself yet so I can't really comment on it.

koOp

i like AMD over Intel, dno why jst like the sound of AMD. and i hate the logo sound of intel enoying

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm glad there is a new poll.

However my vote still doesn't change from the last poll, so I voted Intel.

holyjunk

Amd. I know it is kind of stupid but hear me out. Get a dual proc that later supports 4x4. Then I can get the same proc later down the road for a much cheaper price but still get big performance gains. I know nothing is certain right now and nobody knows which socket, proc, or types of parts will be compatible with it. Also, if amd DOES yes a big does have reverse hyper-threading enabled somehow then that will be huge. 4 procs all working on one application. The possibilities are endless and probably none of it will be logical because at the time something will have already been better. For me really amd is a personal pick. Stupid yes, I know.

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
I see absolutely no point in this thread....except for bummed Intel fanboys. Are we going to make a new one every time a new processor comes out?

I will always prefer AMD over Intel as a company. However, I will buy whichever processor is best for my money.

Geoff

VIP Member
I see absolutely no point in this thread....except for bummed Intel fanboys. Are we going to make a new one every time a new processor comes out?

I will always prefer AMD over Intel as a company. However, I will buy whichever processor is best for my money.

I disagree.

The last poll was made over 3 years ago, and since then peoples views have changed, both companies have made major changes, and so on. A poll from 3 years ago isn't accurate for current reference, and as you can see, the majority of voters have decided to go Intel this time.

r0k0

i would buy AMD but i already got my equipements in Intel so i cannot go out and just buy a new AMD cpu, i'd have to buy a mobo for it lol anyways my advantage here in Canada is that Intel are way cheaper than AMD and still Intel rocks with my Dual Core and 7900GT i'm getting :

2012 in SM2.0
2009 in HDR/SM3.0
1706 in CPU

4895 in 3DMark 06 with CPU and GPU Stock Clocks

Ku-sama

banned
AMD because in like a year AMD is going to crush Intel... i just prefer AMD better, even thoug their stuff isnt the best out there right now