WHICH MONITOR SHOULD I BUY? Need Help

RavagedzIgzAg

Don't go the LCD way. They are overpriced, and for the better resolution, and greater response time then CRT's, the price just ain't worth it. Pick up a 22" CRT and you will be in heaven, and at a much lesser price.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Try this one:
LG Flatron F900P - Display - CRT - 19" - 2048 x 1536 / 69 Hz - 0.24 mm
You'll love this monitor.
But don't forget: go for the P series, not for the B...

Veky

Hey,

I've just bought the LG F900P and was wondering if any of you has experience with it. Can you tell me how is the picture sharpness for you like?

The text on mine looks strange, it kinda looks smudged, blurred.

How did you set up the geometry on yours? I can't get it right no mather what I do.

Thanks in advance.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Mine also had the geometry messed-up when I bought it, but after a week of tuning its settings I managed to have a perfect image.
Be careful, adjust only one setting at a time, it's quite easy to mess it up badly... And always wait for the monitor to warm up (approx. 20 minutes after power-on) before adjusting any setting.

Fure6

which monitor should i buy?

of course the most expensive one...

it looks like you don't have any voters on that other forum. i agree with RavagedzIgzAg on the LCD's.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Anything that properly supports up to 1900x1600, has a 1280x1024 refresh of at least 85hz and a d.p. of <0.25 (thus excluding LCDs)

Sophocles

VIP Member
"buy a lcd. (LCD?)"

They're great for wordprocessing and saving space but not a good bet if you're into gaming, DVD playback, or photography.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hell no for photography ... color matching and colour balancing is poor... mediocre at best

Veky

Troubleshooting purposes, I'm afraid. :(

Besides that, how do you like your F900P?

So far, I don't like the geometry nor the overall sharpness.

I could've got the Iiyama VM 454 Pro but my budget told me that's a negative. :(

icp222

LCD for style... If you buy an 22" CRT you will need to extend your house to fit it in... Space, style, it has to be LCD... move with the times...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'll move with the times when LCDs come in the "high quality" or "performance" variant :p ... the cost doesnt bother me so much ... its the lack of performance

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad monitor for an LCD.
- Drop the d.p. down to 0.22 and I'll think about it. My 6 year old CRT has a finer d.p. than that (it's 0.25).
- I do digital photography as one of my parttime jobs and we CANT use LCDs simply because they cant be trusted to match between the LCD to the printer. I admire the way LCDs have progressed but they simply do not have the color tone required for serious photography work (i.e., color tone enhacing etc)
- As for gaming, the LCD isnt that great simply because of the potential for ghosting just in the way that it updates the contents of the screen
- Furthermore, playing something like Doom3 or FarCry on the native resolution .... if I could afford a system that could do that, I'd be using a 45" CRT.
- LCDs dont heat up fast I like that. But when they DO heat up (as the ones I have at home do) -- ur screwed until they cool down (with CRTs I can mount fans inside the monitor housing to help evac the air ... cant do that with the low profile of a LCD)

The LCD has one strong feature: it's small ... offset by, IMO, too many limitation (other than a price tag) -- dont get me wrong thats a AMAZING LCD -- but only as far as LCDs go

Veky

I can't believe this, the monitor died after 3 days. The screen won't even turn on, the indicator keeps blinking orange - orange - green.

This is my third monitor in a month.

I have no luck. :(

Viper_86

banned
RavagedzIgzAg said:
Don't go the LCD way. They are overpriced, and for the better resolution, and greater response time then CRT's, the price just ain't worth it. Pick up a 22" CRT and you will be in heaven, and at a much lesser price.
im gonna go with ravag all the way on this one...stay away from LCD's if ur on a tiight budget...tho they r tempting and nice to have...its just not worth it