Which one of these is better? PowerShot SD870 or Lumix DMC-FX55?

thehyecircus

I'll make it short and sweet.

Canon PowerShot SD870

or

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX55

If there are better point-and-shoot cameras out there let me know. My cousin keeps trying to get me to buy a rather large camera with a huge lense, but I don't need it for that. Just point and click.

tidyboy21

The Nikon P5100 is a great camera. I bought one for my girlfriend a month ago. You can use it as a point-and-shoot, but it also has full manual, aperature priority, shutter priority and program auto modes awell, loads of other features to. Very well built, and very light. Here is a pic I took with the P5100 a few days ago, couldn't be bothered to take my D200 with me.

pololeo

banned
They are all great.but personally I like Canon more.I think SD870 IS:) is about everything you could want in a compact point and shoot digital camera. It offers excellent image quality, a large vivid LCD display, intelligent defaults, fine low-light sensitivity, a high quality movie mode (with sound), an outstanding wide-angle lens and a photo capture speed that leaves many other digital cameras in the dust.

Last edited:

Aero

I'm going to have to agree with pololeo. Canon is and has been a great company. They have a great reputation and I would have to say that would be the smarter buy :)

4NGU$

VIP Member
ahh but what your all missing is that Panasonic uses a Leica lens and leica lenses are some of the very best in the business

personally i would go for the Panasonic for a point and shoot