AcidZeroCool

Deciding on these 2:

Canon SD300 with 1GB card for $265

Canon S500 with 256MB card for $275

What do u think I will mostly be taken 4X6 pics

Thanks in advance
-Justin

DanLatimer

you dont want to have pictures with high eneugh quality to print larger than 4X6?
you would only need a 2mp camara for that... did you ever have a digital camara before? just wondering bc usually i like big pictures (i have a 5mp camara) just so i can zoom in and see things in my pictures..
i would recomend the s500 personally, @ 5MP you can still take about 60 pictures,
if you were getting the SD300 for a large part being the 1GB card, you would never need that much space for a 4MP camara unless you dont own a computer to transfer the pictures too or something, a 1GB card is really for people who wont be near a computer for long periods of time, or people with like 10MP camaras. its erally a personal call but you probably wont take over 60 pictures in one day, even on the camping trip i went on last week i only took like 45 haha but i dont knwo you might take alot more...

the lcd is a bit smaller on the S500, but the S500 has a faster shutter speed which is a pretty good thing at least something that i like to have so i can take pictures without the flash and they still look not blurrry.
other than those things they are really pretty much the same.

i would buy the S500 but you wouldnt be getting a bad deal on the SD300 either. whatever way u go it looks good :)

kof2000

i only have a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC - P200 works great but it is a 7.2MP and it'll set you back at around 350-400 dollars. how many MP are those? are you really not going to take any larger pictures? sometimes you see something that you might just want to.

Geoff

VIP Member
it would help if you tell us the Megapixels for both cameras.

Kof, how do you have so much stuff??

DanLatimer

you can find all the specs on pretty much any camara just by googling it, thats what I did. They are Both pretty good deals, and its not like he wouldnt be able to take pictures of high quality with either, even 4MP is pretty good.

flame1117

banned
What are you using the camera for? I bought a NICE 3MP camera a while aog(3MP was still BIG then) and takes ncie pictrures and everything but i use it for fish allot, and you need manul focus or iit will focus on the glas not the fish, and that i have , but the focus will onoly go to .16 of a meter which makes it so i can only take pictures of my larger fish(6inches+)

You need to think of thins like that before you buy, if there are any.