• Yes

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 75.7%

• Total voters

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
People may say this thread is pointless but i would like to know...

Is there still anyone in the forum here who still uses Windows 95?

Maybe on one of your older machines?

Just courius:D

Just answer a simple yes or no if you like.

kobaj

VIP Member
Wow, is it sad that I have an old computer in my closet that still runs, and boots up windows 95 fine? My sisters computer used to be windows 95 also, but then she upgraded to 98SE.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
i remember when i was a kid i liked the windows 95 start music
when windows 98 came out i used to replace the start music with the old one from 95.
that's the only thing i remember :D
i used to only play games like DOOM, WOLF3d, Prince 2(amazing game) , and a game called "bodyblows" if i got the spelling right. i really want to have this game again but i never found . it brings back memories

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I have it on my backup machine that still gets used at least once a year when this one is down for maintenance or repair.
Tom

unknow user

I still run Windows 95 plus! on my 486, but mostly I just use MS-DOS 6.22 or Windows 3.11 for older programs and other stuff. I just use Windows 95 for transferring files through the network (would like to use DOS for that).

To tell you the truth, I like using my 486 over my main computer...

Arm_Pit

banned
shadyi said:
when windows 98 came out i used to replace the start music with the old one from 95.
i used to only play games like DOOM, WOLF3d, Prince 2(amazing game) , and a game called "bodyblows" if i got the spelling right. i really want to have this game again but i never found . it brings back memories
Ahh, the joys of Doom and wolf3D I still have them :)

jp198780

i stopped using 95 last summer. the computers all torn apart on my porch, the oldest Windows i got now is 2000.

shadyi said:

Yeah i remember somethin like bodyblows on my old system too, that game was fun....i only played that and DOOM/Duke Nukem on it

Mattu

Ahh the days of no product activation. You could put one copy of Windows 9x on how many ever computers you wanted to. :p

PC eye

banned
I had 3.11 running on a Socket A board recently replaced along with 95 and a Linux distro. But favoring 98 and XP saw those replaced. Currently I've had the original 8bit Duke Nukem running through a DosBox virtual dos window and even saw Duke3D run with sound briefly. Unfortunately a newer Socket 939 board will probably not see 95 even tried at this time due to using the primary partition on a second drive for backing up data as well as trying another Linux distro or even Vista there.