Wii Graphics Myths Debunked

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by Redbull{wings}, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Redbull{wings}

Redbull{wings} Active Member

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=68776&page=1

I always wondered how the Wii used an ATI chip but got a reputation as low power....it's not underpowered the power is just underused because of bad ports from other consoles. When game manufactures actually get their act together and use the Wii's power games should turn out much better

2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez Active Member

There was never a doubt in my mind... there is no doubt that the PS3 and 360 have way more power... but all that power is just potential, the PS3 and 360 have more graphical potential, but few games ever get near that potential. Besides, who cares about graphics? If you want graphics, buy a good computer.

3. Roncharlespatton

Roncharlespatton banned

A freaking GREED:cool:

4. Iluvpenguins

Iluvpenguins New Member

Very well said, people at school used to always talk about the graphics being better and i've always come back saying "Well, as long as the computer is there...it'll kick any console's ass in graphical power anyday!" and its true...besides...a PC is the smarter choice for money because you can do loads with it :p. But consoles are cool...i guess ;)

5. Smurf Manser

Smurf Manser New Member

well said, but graphics do play in a bit on consoles, just makes it more attractive.

6. heyman421

heyman421 banned

cool debate!

7. jutnm

jutnm Active Member

never knew the Wii used ATI graphics , thats cool to know ........i guess

8. Redbull{wings}

Redbull{wings} Active Member

yep the Wii even has the ati logo on the side

9. 4NGU$

4NGU$ VIP Member

i really didn't think the point of the wii was grafix anyway i mean if i wear to buy one it would be for the game play aspect