Will a FujiFilm 1GB xD PictureCard work on my camera?

marquita188

I will like to know if this memory card would work on E510 Digital Camera?
on the box, the website, and on the manual it said that....(16mb to 512mb).
I what to know because, before I spend 100.00 dollars on this card I to get the facts...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Well, you can go ahead and try, some cameras won't take that large of a card, but just make sure the store you buy it from will take it back...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I would think it would accept it, but I remember WAY back when I had my 640x480 camera(pretty top end at the time too ;P) and it wouldn't take a 16M card! I would suggest not trying it unless you know you could return an opened item. Probably best to stick with a 512M or so. Hey, I still use a 256M in my new camera. Holds about 100 pics which is more than enough as long as you clean it off every so often.

jamie_2k6

banned
well on tha box of my camera it says tht it will only tek 512 mb cards but in the instructions it sed 1 gb but i tried my dads 2gb adn tht worked fine so its possible it could work but like the uvas ssed make sure you can return the card

computerhakk

VIP Member
Well, first check your manual.. specs say that your camera takes from 16 to 512 only.. check if your manual states anything otherwise.

I myself wouldn't waste the money on a 2gb... not knowing it will work or not

DCIScouts

VIP Member
computerhakk said:
Well, first check your manual.. specs say that your camera takes from 16 to 512 only.. check if your manual states anything otherwise.

I myself wouldn't waste the money on a 2gb... not knowing it will work or not
Just for the record, most stores will takes back an item that is opened, as long as it is within a few days, and has a receipt.

computerhakk

VIP Member
dciscouts said:
Just for the record, most stores will takes back an item that is opened, as long as it is within a few days, and has a receipt.
Yeah, but the amount of time needed to go get it, test it out, then take it back, possibly wait in line for a return, then depending on the payment type, may take a couple days or weeks to get back your refund. Or if it is shipped online, pretty much the same process.

That money could have put into something you know will work in the first place.

I'd say if you read the specs and the manuals, and it says the highest it'll take is 1gb or so, just stick with 1gb. There is no need for anything higher.