Will this Work?

Crazydude185

I have a Compaq Presario 5000 its old i know =/ but anywayz i was goin to get another stick of 256 ram for it so i WoW would run a lil better... so it has a 256 MB PC 133 SDRAM stick of ram in it already (168 pin) not sure what that means but anywayz i was thinking would this stick run/work in my computer if i bought it? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820136009 every thing matches up so it should right?:confused:

PC eye

banned
Kingston a good brand. If it doesn't see any conflict with the current memory you should be set to go there.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Just so you know, RAM isn't going to make it magically go faster. You're still limited by your processor, RAM speed, GPU, and other factors. Now, if you're running out of RAM and you're having to use your swap file/virtual memory a good bit, then it will help.

Crazydude185

I mean i know it wont magically make the game perfect but the minimum requirement is 512 and im play with 256 so it should help some haha in what small way it does lol

PC eye

banned
I would go upto 768mb on the old Duron powered system there. Talk about sssslowww cpus. Eventually you will get into something newer we hope.