Wireless Internet Connection

kharmini91

I am using a laptop w/XP and I am using a wireless internet connection. I have a Belkin High Speed Mode 125 mbps 802.11g (54g) AND I am using an identical router. I previously had AOL and deleted the dial-up connection in my network connections folder. I can still use an internet browser, I use Mozilla. I can also still download, as I use Napster and also recently downloaded four Fedora Linux iso's. What I can't do is use programs like Windows Media Player's internet features such as CDDB and the Media Guide. Also, I can not listen to the 30-second clip of a song in Napster without downloading the whole song. What's going on? :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
teleport.gif

What I can't do is use programs like Windows Media Player's internet features such as CDDB and the Media Guide. Also, I can not listen to the 30-second clip of a song in Napster without downloading the whole song. What's going on?
Dunno about the Napster thing but with Windows.... what are your router/firewall settings like? :)

kharmini91

Praetor- Remember those Fedora Linux iso's I was talking about? I wound up deleting my NTFS partition and installing Linux over everything because I didn't have enough space for both (20 GB). Linux is great, but if both can't fit on my computer I have to keep XP. So anyway, I booted up the computer with the XP CD and re-formatted my hard drive to NTFS again and reinstalled XP. When I re-installed my wireless card software, the problens didn't occur. Thank you, anyway. :eek: