Wireless Network Please Help Me!

hancocmc01

Hi there all, i am wishing to get one of these http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/product/index.jhtml?pid=50504399 laptops for christmas and i was wondering because it says 54Mbit/s inbuilt wireless networking and Wireless 802.11 g/b Networking i was wondering what this meant as i am wanting to have the internet on the laptop as well as m computer i already have internet on my computer downstairs and was going to buy a router and card what would i need with this laptop to have the net up and running on it?

Thanks every1

hancocmc01

I dont get b/g router????

Will i just need a router to connect the 2 together
were can i get one of these routers from

Thanks

Derrick

Usually wireless connection has slower speed than LAN connection. But people usually don't use full 54Mbits or 100Mbits, so I think it doesn't matter much. And also, 802.11 is the type of connection or frame.
You really don't have to worry about these things. Just know that there are two different types of 802.11 that are normally used in private home.
g and b. g is much faster than b, and if you have them both, use both of them. And you will need wireless router of course. you can have router that support either g or b. It will not matter.

mo de lo

ei guys, heard of IOGear network devices??? they got a 24x7 technical support already......just call 866-9-IOGear (866-9-464327)