Wont Start

JFHuff

So i got new ram today. I realized i was running ram that was slower than what was suggested for my motherboard (in my sig) So i decided to buy some new ram that was more up to speed. Came in today. I install it and it dosent work...computer boots up and everything. Everything is running except i cant see anything out of my monitor. It acts like the computer is in hibernation or something. So i though i might have knocked the video card out of place. Took it out and re put it in. Tried the ram again and still didnt work. Tried the old ram and it worked. Went back and forth 4 times. the old ram worked every time while the new never worked. Should i send the ram back or does anyone know what else it could be?? Thanks

JFHuff

2 sticks....it was a duel channel kit. 1gig. I tried even setting in duel channel and single channel and neither worked. Didnt think of trying just one stick. Either way. If one stick works then one of them is still bad right??

gamerman4

ya try one stick at a time, this will see if one is bad, its unlikely you get 2 bad sticks but it can happen. If it does work on one and doesnt work on the other, you know its a bad stick and you can just go get a replacement for both since they came in a dual channel pack. If it doesnt work on either, you may just want to go get a replacement.