would i notice a dramatic difference?

opera936

My system is running with 1.25GB PC4200 DDR2 RAM, a 1GB&256MB Stick. Is my memory controller running in dual channel mode? i ran a memory benchmark with pc wizard 2006, and my socre got smoked by an amd cpu with 1024mb ddr. But it's just a little bit behind the intel915p 1gb ddr2 4200.
I had set all the things in bios to make it to run at dual channel mode, but the score just doens't seems to go up. Doesn't it really matter if it is runnning at dual channel or not? Should i take a 256 stick out and throw in another 1gb? the most important hting is that, would i notice a dramatic performance increase? any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Duel channel is using two of the same sticks, so there's no way you are running in duel channel. I've never comparied the differences, but I'm quite sure you'd notice quite a difference.

Also, I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure you need basically the identical stick of RAM. Just any 'ol 1G won't work, I don't think.

SirKenin

banned
If you don't get two identical sticks it can render your system unstable. As of now, as has been said, you are not running in dual channel. You will notice a difference, so maybe go out and get a DC kit.