WTF, poor performance. help

osnola

hello, i am very disappointed with my pc's performance and cannot figure out why it is lacking?

my system:
i7 950 water cooled
asus rampage III formula
corsair ddr3 8gb ram (dual channel)
ATI radeon HD 6970

i play arma 2/ OA at 20 fps, on high settings (not very high or maxed).

i am disappointing because this was not a cheap setup to build, and those are all quality components

my computer seems slow, in games (crysis 2, bfbc2, etc.)

:(

SuperDuperMe

What resolution are you playing at?

I can play bfbc2 maxed at 1366x768 at playable frame rates and you system obliterates mine.

Was it a new build, if not did you have an nvidia card in before the 6970?

As the person above said are all display drivers, dx software and patches downloaded?

And what CCC are you using?

osnola

What brand and model of power supply are you using?

Coolermaster 750w GX

Have you made sure the right drivers are installed?

yes. i am almost positive

What resolution are you playing at?

I can play bfbc2 maxed at 1366x768 at playable frame rates and you system obliterates mine.

Was it a new build, if not did you have an nvidia card in before the 6970?

As the person above said are all display drivers, dx software and patches downloaded?

And what CCC are you using?

i am playing at 1920x1080, it was a new build. i am pretty sure everything is up to date. i am using the latest ccc if that is what you are asking?

i am checking for updates again for everything as of now.

osnola

everything is up to date, or has been updated. benchmark for arma 2 :AVERAGE FPS: 12.

:(

3d mark vantage said my pc seemed low compared to others with similar systems. I dont have any clue what could be causing this.

jonnyp11

with that i'm just gunna say go for an rma if it's still available, otherwise you can contact the manu and see if they'll honor your warranty without a big fuss, which is doubtful but not impossible.

Dean11

Have you checked your cpu and gpu temps? download everest maan check temps idle and when gaming, gpu overheating will throttle its performance to protect itself from shizzllliin

osnola

i will record temps, and get back to you on that. as for refund, i doubt it. i bought maybe 6 or 7 months ago.

D@RKSID3

Do you have the graphics card in the right PCI-E connectors, you may have plugged it into the x1 port?!
Also in the BIOS there may be a setting limting it. Have a check.