Yahoo Messenger Problem?

cricket4462

Everytime I sign in on yahoo messenger after while it signs off and then back on by itself. what moght the problem be? I had my Hijackthis log examined and all is well. Can someone help. I also notice when I try and download files sent to my email they seem to stop during the middle of download. Please help, Mike

maroon1

Uninstall Yahoo Messenger, and delete its folder in Program Files, then reinstall that latest version of yahoo messenger, version 8.1.0.195

Also, the problem might not be from yahoo messenger, maybe you have a problem in your internet connection

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Yeah, I was thinking that you might be having your IP adress reset pretty frequently. Try maroon1's suggestion first because it's easier and is another possible fix.

cricket4462

Okay.....I uninstalled yahoo messenger restarted comoputer then deleted the yahoo folder in program files. I then reinstalled the latest yahoo messenger version 8.1.0.195 and it is doing the same as before. Also my Netscape and IE browsers are not able to download as they freeze during downloading. I wonder if it could be my Belkin wireless G router as my other computer that is running off of the router is acting the same. Could the software from the router that I installed 3 weeks ago have affected both computers??:confused: