Yeah, thanks.

Hyper_Kagome

After all the help I recieved, I had gotten rid of that pop up I was having trouble with, but then I was told to get rid of this worm, it wasn't actually affecting the computer, or at least from what I've experienced, and it was working well with it, but no, I just had to go and try and get rid of it. I followed all instructions percisly, and my computer ended up crashing, I had to reinstall Windows. BUT, get this, it wouldn't let me reinstall NOOOOO, it MADE me reformat... so Thanks a whole damn much for making me lose EVERTHING I ever had on my computer....

>=(
Some Happy New Years I had...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You should of asked more. It's not usally too hard to get stuff off the harddrive untill the FAT got messed up or the drive was physically damaged.

Geoff

VIP Member
You could have simply put it in another computer and you could have copied your files. its also a good idea to have a backup of everything.

And you wouldnt notice a difference between a re-install and a reformat.

Geoff

VIP Member
Xycron said:
Maybe he doesn't have another PC.
Could be, but if it was very important data she could have went to a friends or family house or something.

But im sorry to hear what happened to your computer. Do you know what step caused you to need to reformat?

Ku-sama

banned
no she doesnt because shes not computer litterate, she doesnt read steps carefully... her harddrive was in NTFS, which if she had asked me, i could have saved her shit.... dont feel too bad

Hyper_Kagome

Ku-sama said:
no she doesnt because shes not computer litterate, she doesnt read steps carefully... her harddrive was in NTFS, which if she had asked me, i could have saved her shit.... dont feel too bad

Uhh, thanks, your the one who sent me here, and didn't bother helping, and I read them thanks...

Ku-sama

banned
i sent you here because i cant read the HJT logs, these people offer great help and advice, if it was asking you to reformat, why didnt you go to robins or something and get on their computer before you KNOWINGLY get rid of everything? i think id try to do everything in the world to save my computers information... dont blame the fine people in the forums, they solved your pop-up problem you asked about.. they did their job

Hyper_Kagome

Ku-sama said:
i sent you here because i cant read the HJT logs, these people offer great help and advice, if it was asking you to reformat, why didnt you go to robins or something and get on their computer before you KNOWINGLY get rid of everything? i think id try to do everything in the world to save my computers information... dont blame the fine people in the forums, they solved your pop-up problem you asked about.. they did their job

1. Robin is a 30 minute drive from me, which means, well, DRVING, which I can't do.
2. Rylan wasn't home, and his computer can't hold anymore data.
3. Apon start up of the computer, I couldn't even get to the main face, it would stop during the start up and then I'd have to put the disk in just to get it to try and reinstall, and the only option it gave me was to fromat, so, even if I knew I was going to loose all info, I couldn't get onto the computer to transfure anything in the first place.

Ku-sama

banned
never said you had to back up data, just use internet, and you could always have partitioned the harddrive and dual booted....

Geoff

VIP Member
Well all you need to do is plug it into another computer and then copy the files via windows explorer. Just for future reference.