Your Expert Thoughts Please

shelldan

Just putting together a computer to suit my needs. First time for everything.
I want to run Adobe Premeire Pro and Adobe Encore for video editing.
I want to create DVD's with this system as well as taping into a VCR unit to record onto Videos. I will be running three LCD screens off this as well.
This is what I have come up with. Could you please let me know your thoughts on how the whole system would run?
PSU: Enermax EG701AX-VE-SFMA24P, 600 W ATX PSU, SLI Ready Dual 12v Rail
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
MOBO: Asus M2N-SLI Delux AM2 Socket
Harddrive: 1x Seagate Barracuda 300GB Sata2 and 1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata2
MEMORY: DDR2 800 PC6400 SDRAM (2GB)
SOUND CARD: X-Fi
GRAPHICS CARD: Undecided (I will proberbly need 2 if Im gonna run 3 screens)
My main concerns are is the PSU powerful enough and have I gone overboard on some of the components. I want to leave room for upgrading and adding onto as well.

Last edited:

P11

VIP Member
Everything looks fine, Enermax PSU's are very powerful so you shouldn't be seeing any problems with that. Although wouldnt you need 2-3 dvd burners if you want to burn 2 projects at once, you might also want to consider dual-layer dvd's if your projects exceed 4.7 GB. As for video cards you would want to look into Nvidia Quadro Series for workstations (multimedia editing and such) its not necessary but it might be to your advantage depending on the intensity of your work. Lastly make sure your case will have enough air flow and also being able to fit everything you need.

ChrisDVD

yes, a DL would be very useful....they ain't much more expensive...if you want to record ona VHS, you might want to go with a videocard that has a VIVO capacity.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
ChrisDVD said:
yes, a DL would be very useful....they ain't much more expensive...if you want to record ona VHS, you might want to go with a videocard that has a VIVO capacity.
or buy a TV card aswell, usually have more features than the graphics card can sport, unless you go ultra high end

draogn

shelldan

Thanks for your opinons. Its great to see Im on the right track.Will definatly be running 2 or 3 DVD writers and will consider dual layer. Thanks P11.
I will look into those types of Video cards. Thanks CHRISDVD and yep will be getting a TV Card. Thanks Dragon2309.:D

P11

VIP Member
shelldan said:
Thanks for your opinons. Its great to see Im on the right track.Will definatly be running 2 or 3 DVD writers and will consider dual layer. Thanks P11.
I will look into those types of Video cards. Thanks CHRISDVD and yep will be getting a TV Card. Thanks Dragon2309.:D
No Prob, hope it all works out. Good luck !:)