Your rating? New PC.

Shadowhunter

I'm sorta retarded when it comes to computers, so for those who aren't how good is my new PC? I'll be playing some games on it and doin' a little video and pic editing, plus internet and things.

System:

Dell Dimension E510

2.80 Ghz Intel Pentium D Processor

128 MB ATI Radeon X300 Vid Card

1 GB of Dual Channel Shared RAM

80 GB Hard Drive

19" Flat Screen

Windows XP Media Center
-------------------------

So what do you think?

i.Angel

How much are you paying for it? It's alright... You could get more bang for your buck if you made it yourself.

dave39

man, don't waste your time on that if you are going to be gaming. You should get at least an X1800 or 7600GT for a video card. You should also go with a Dual Core AMD processor. Intel is good for office use but when it comes to gaming you are going to want AMD. I would recommend and AMD X2 3800+ ...but if you can't afford that than go with and AMD 3200 or 3500

Geoff

VIP Member
dave39 said:
man, don't waste your time on that if you are going to be gaming. You should get at least an X1800 or 7600GT for a video card. You should also go with a Dual Core AMD processor. Intel is good for office use but when it comes to gaming you are going to want AMD. I would recommend and AMD X2 3800+ ...but if you can't afford that than go with and AMD 3200 or 3500
I agree that he should get a higher end card, a 7600GS/GT would be really nice for a budget computer.

The Pentium D's are very nice, however not as nice as the X2's (which Dell doesnt offer anyway). But for his uses, i would recommend the Pentium D, that way he can use the savings on a better video card.

he never said he was gaming did he but its a rip off due to the fact its dell u could do so much beter by building urself or having it built by local retailer i dotn know how to build and i went to my local retailer they were 600 cheaper then dell for the same system oh and to rate ur answer on the rating thing id give it a 4

Last edited:

Shadowhunter

Ok, thanks for the input. It might not be a gaming machine, but it's a big step up from a 32 MB ATI that wouldn't work on anything. :rolleyes:

Playing a game reccomending a 128 MB card with a 32 MB card really, really sucks. I never new the AMD was a better processor and I usually buy from Dell just cause' it's so easy to order it online.

Oh, and I payed about $1000 for it.

Oh, and is that 4 rating out of 5 or 10?

Last edited:
Shadowhunter said:
Ok, thanks for the input. It might not be a gaming machine, but it's a big step up from a 32 MB ATI that wouldn't work on anything. :rolleyes:

Playing a game reccomending a 128 MB card with a 32 MB card really, really sucks. I never new the AMD was a better processor and I usually buy from Dell just cause' it's so easy to order it online.

Oh, and I payed about $1000 for it.

Oh, and is that 4 rating out of 5 or 10?

They make it easier to order online so that they get people like you buying from them.

$1000 is a HUGE RIPOFF FOR THAT COMPUTER. My computer (below) cost me $600 and is better than that Dell in most areas.

I'd guess that the "4" rating was out of 10.

Last edited: