Zalman vs Arctic

Mr.Suave

im undecided about 2 HSF.
the ZALMAN CNPS9500 -~$62+ AS5 $6= ~$67
or ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro - $35

i kno their is a big price jump but from reviews i get mixed results.
for example in one review the Arctic did better than the Zalman and did just as good as the Big typhoon. here it is http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=acfreezer64pro4
other reviews says the Zalman is the best and had really good temps.
and in other reviews the Arctic did no better than the stock HSF.

which one should i get or if you have any other recommendations?
i dont really like the big typhoon as i also want the HSF to go along w/ my case(black and blue) and ive seen that the 64 is just as good as it.

Yasu

I love my 9500. After installing it I saw a ~11°C drop in temps. I idle now at 34°C instead of 47°C. It may be a little pricey but it's worth it. It was an easy install on my LGA775 P4.

Personally, I've heard better comments about the 9500.

Mr.Suave

ya thats the thing thats stopping me from choosing the Zalman. its the price. other than that it looks great and seems to cool great but when i saw that review of the Arctic being better for a much cheaper price it made me doubt the Zalman.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I had a Freezer 64... I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the Pro. I mean physically they are quite different but the specs seem about the same... Either way, I was very happy with mine.

helmie

The Typhoon!! If you have room for it, it performs as well as that two, but its slightly quiter (But if you dont care about noise, attach at 120CFM Fan to the top of it :p

Mr.Suave

helmie said:
The Typhoon!! If you have room for it, it performs as well as that two, but its slightly quiter (But if you dont care about noise, attach at 120CFM Fan to the top of it :p
Mr.Suave said:
i dont really like the big typhoon as i also want the HSF to go along w/ my case(black and blue) and ive seen that the 64 is just as good as it and much cheaper.

thx all for your replies. im going with the 9500.