Zalman's Thermal Grease or Arctic Silver 5???

Which Is Better?

• Zalman's Thermal Grease

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Arctic Silver 5

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

ADE

banned
OK, we all know that the 2 Top competitors for thermal compound are Zalman's Thermal Grease and Arctic Silver 5. Time to see who is really the best. Who is better, Zalman's Thermal Grease, or Arctic Silver 5?

Jet

VIP Member
I think the Zalman is probably better, though either one is great and there probably isn't much difference in temperatures.

ADE

banned
When will they come out with arctic silver 6? I bet it will be better than the Zalman stuff.

JohnDoH!

Is thermal grease really needed if I wont be oc'ing the processor? especially if I were planning on selling it or giving it away later on?

Also just wondering but is there any other use for thermal grease other then using it between the cpu and heatsink/fan?

Archangel

VIP Member
Is thermal grease really needed if I wont be oc'ing the processor? especially if I were planning on selling it or giving it away later on?

Also just wondering but is there any other use for thermal grease other then using it between the cpu and heatsink/fan?

I wouldt run a pc without thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink tbh :) Its basiclt the heat bridge between the processor and the heatsink, perventing hot air to be trapped between it isolating your cpu.

ceewi1

VIP Member
The stock thermal pad is fine, if significant OCing is not required.

You can use it on other heatsinks as well, such as the GPU and northbridge heatsinks.

lovely?

yea my 3400 has no thermal paste, it is using a heatsink that came with a 4800 toledo socket 939 lol (i'm using an adapter that i bought) and my temps barely go over 45degrees celsius