Zone Alarm conflict with 'pasting'

Berns

My ongoing saga. As of recently, can't copy and paste most things from the internet, even the smallest, into MS Word or Outlook. (as I had done for years) I played with the normal.dot file by renaming it, but that had no effect.
I then turned off my free version of Zone Alarm and ... bingo .. I could copy and paste again from the Internet as I have done for years.
My question, do I leave off Zone Alarm permanently? uninstall it and then maybe re-install it?
I use Win XP and have Norton Antiviurs updated regularly, but no other firewall (other than the free Zone Alarm).
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Berns

Berns

same

Yes, I have Service pack 2. the security on the Windows Explorer is set at Medium-High, and the windows firewall is turned "on" with very few programs 'checked' in the exceptions.
Will t hat be adequate in your opionion?

Last edited:

Jack Bauer

banned
Yes, I have Service pack 2. the security on the Windows Explorer is set at Medium-High, is that what you meant?

So you are using two firewalls? If you are that is highly not reccomended cause that can cause stuff to go wrong. I would just stick with the free windows firewall in service pack 2 and you shouldn't have any more of those problems.