Zonealarm conflict with window firewall?

victorti83plus

Hi,

I just format my computer. And I just upgrade my windows XP to SP2. And I'm glad that they have window firewall. I just read some internet site and realize that window fireall is not as good as zonealarm. Therefore I DISABLE windows firewall. And install zonealarm.

After installing zonealarm, I open zonealarm and under the "Inbound Protection", the firewall keep blocking access EVERY SECOND....is that normal?

Now I go to security center, the "firewall" is ON. And I guess it means the zonealarm is ON, NOT the window firewall....cuz when I turn off zonealarm, it become "OFF".

Sound like there is no conflict. But why zonealarm keep blocking Inbound Protection access atempts EVERY SECONDS??? Should I go back to Window Firewall instead?

Last edited:

Verve

Go to Windows Security Center (In Control Panel) and see if Windows is detecting ZoneAlarm. If its not on the list, that could be the problem.

computerhakk

VIP Member
thats what zonealarm does. it blocks all in/outbound connections and asks you for permission to allow it or not.

and when its on, windows firewall should be off because windows recognizes that zonealarm is the firewall.