Zoom Wireless Router Info Please

Casselle

I have recently had the following Router installed by a computer engineer: Zoom X6 Model 5590 box is: ADSL 2/2+ Modem + Wireless-G Router + Switch.

Although I have used a computer for some years, I am a complete novice when it comes to the above hardware.

I cannot seem to locate any Icons or listings on my PC related to the Router. Normally, when you install a piece of hardware you are able to click on its Icon and look at settings, etc.

The list of contents on the box mentions a Manual, but all that was inside was a Quick Start guide. There's a CD ROM but I assume that relates to the installation process.

If anyone on the Forum is using the Router, perhaps you could please advise me where to find any info relating to its installation on the PC?:)

Deepblue

you will not get a icon for a router being installed on a computer. to access the setup on the router you would open internet explorer and type in the ip addess of the router.

you can find the ip by going to the dos prompt and type ipconfig /all
and look for default gateway, enter that address in your IE address bar and you should get a login box, you will have to find the admin name and pw somewhere in the book or on the net.

http://www.zoomtel.com/products/adsl_overview.html

Casselle

Many thanks for your advice Deepblue, it's very much appreciated. As a tekky novice, I've never tried doing such technical stuff before, but will give it a go.