dell inspiron 23 5348 touch screen value

justwayne

What is a great condition dell inspiron 23" 5348 touch worth? Can anyone find the specs or how to tell the specific version i have? i read there was a icore 7 version and insprion pentium or icore 3 and ones has a faster processor maybe more hd and ram 1tb?

intel pentium inside inspirron 23 model 5348 its windows 8 but when i had turned it on or reset it said something about windows 10 agreement? Does it upgrade to windows 10 or stay windows 8?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You mean an all in one? You can go into system properties and it will tell you what's in it. Do you have the service tag number or express service code? You can enter either of those numbers on the dell support website and get a list of original specs. But if it came with windows 8 on it, it's not worth much at all to be honest.

justwayne

You mean an all in one? You can go into system properties and it will tell you what's in it. Do you have the service tag number or express service code? You can enter either of those numbers on the dell support website and get a list of original specs. But if it came with windows 8 on it, it's not worth much at all to be honest.
yeah a all in one touchscreen i looked one of them was 1400$ new and 1000$ but that was 2013. Here is the service tag number G1FMTX1 34915242997 service code. Anyway to look this information up? Its just a handy computer? I use a newer laptop lenevo ideapad 3 myself windows 10 i think it is from 2020.

Couriant

Dell Inspiron 5348 AIO - Service Tag: G1FMTX1
Built in December 29th 2014 - 9.5 years old
This machine originally came with 4GB RAM and 500GB 5400RPM drive. Windows 8. Unknown CPU.
Supports up to Windows 10.

Other refurbished machines tend to be around $200-300. If the machine was updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8, then MS will have the license tied to the machine so the activation will still be good.

Assuming the computer has been treated right, it should still work for a few more years. More so if Linux is the choice of the user.

Using the Dell OS Recovery Software to Windows 10 should help as well.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to the service code, it has a pentium dual core. This machine is basically worth nothing. You would have to spend money on Sata SSD and more ram to make this even usueable for windows 10 and it goes out date October 2025. So you most likely just need to E-recyle it.

justwayne

It has windows 10 or upgraded to it itself. To me its a good functioning device.
Dell Inspiron 5348 AIO - Service Tag: G1FMTX1
Built in December 29th 2014 - 9.5 years old
This machine originally came with 4GB RAM and 500GB 5400RPM drive. Windows 8. Unknown CPU.
Supports up to Windows 10.

Other refurbished machines tend to be around $200-300. If the machine was updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8, then MS will have the license tied to the machine so the activation will still be good.

Assuming the computer has been treated right, it should still work for a few more years. More so if Linux is the choice of the user.

Using the Dell OS Recovery Software to Windows 10 should help as well.
Thanks it automatically upgraded to windows 10 itself even tho marked with windows 8 on the back inspiron 23 5348. What windows is out now 11? Heres the information look up thru device. A newer windows 10 /11 is still 400$+ bucks and not touchscreen. I think this one had retailed 1000$ and there was an icore 7 version for 1400$ Its in great condition.

Attachments

• 53484gb500gb.jpg
    53484gb500gb.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, windows 8 machines would have automatically upgraded to windows 10 at a certain point. The problems you have at the moment are the following.

1. 10 years old at this point
2. It's a dual core cpu
3. 4 gb of ram
4. a slow mechanical hard drive
5. Too old to be upgraded to windows 11, cpu and other things aren't compatible with it.

As far as the cpu goes, you won't be able to upgrade it. Max ram for that model was 16gb and you would have to buy a sata SSD to get a speed boost. The money you would be putting into this to get more speed out of it would negate the fact that windows 10 goes end of service in October of 2025. Systems generally don't last longer than 10 years but there are exceptions.

So at this point, you should just sell as is and buy an upgraded model that can be upgraded to windows 11 or buy totally new all in one. I would not be wasting money or time on this old machine.

beers

Staff member
You don't see people using Pentium 2's anymore, yet they also paid thousands of dollars at launch.