2 laptops, 1 no conection

glenman

My friend has 2 laptops in the house and a wireless router. One of the lappies lost the internet connection today, the other lappy is OK. Any help please guys ?

JTM

My friend has 2 laptops in the house and a wireless router. One of the lappies lost the internet connection today, the other lappy is OK. Any help please guys ?

Re-connect the laptop to the wireless internet, these things happen once in a while. If this issue continues, update your NIC drivers.

glenman

JTM - Thank you for the reply, can you give me a safe site to get these NIC drivers from please? There are some nuisances out there, thanks in anticipation.

JTM

JTM - Thank you for the reply, can you give me a safe site to get these NIC drivers from please? There are some nuisances out there, thanks in anticipation.

I advice going to the manufacturer's website and finding them there. Search by the brand and model.

glenman

JTM - I dont know why 1 laptop carried on working while the other did not. 3 hours later both lappies could not connect, It was a local server problem (was that their local telephone exchange?). Anyway. both are OK now.