2 wire 2700HG

lulumara

I need some help in set up of this 2 wire 2700HG need to know how to? I did google it but can find the solution , it said download the driver but there's no driver I can download on this? Any ideas or solution? Thanks in advanced.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the usb cable instead of the ethernet cable? What exactly do you need setup. If its a new modem, you have to register it with your dsl company(ATT I presume) Which is just a matter of going into the modem setup and entering your user id and password. If it's a new dsl installation then use the cd that came with it.

lulumara

Are you using the usb cable instead of the ethernet cable? What exactly do you need setup. If its a new modem, you have to register it with your dsl company(ATT I presume) Which is just a matter of going into the modem setup and entering your user id and password. If it's a new dsl installation then use the cd that came with it.

I'm on different service provider as of now last time I had DSL provider and I changed my service provider but the problem my linksys 54 had problem connecting to internet so I decided to use this 2 wire 2700HG router, I use ethernet cable not USB cable. It's router not a modem, So i don't have a cd in it. So I was looking for driver in internet but no avail. I had run out of warranty in lynksys and not want pay them another fee for their service support so I want to use 2 wire as option.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is, DSL providers only support certain modems. The old att modem may not work on your new service. What you have is an actual modem/router combo unit. If you already have a modem then you won't be able to use this model without doing some major setting changes in the setup page. And I'm still not sure it would work. Do you already have a working modem and just want to use the router capability? I would suggest buying a new stand alone router. But usually if you do a hard reset on the linksys router and then hook it up, it should automatically connect and allow internet access.

lulumara

I did what you said about Linksys reset but no avail, I had a post here about Linksys but no one can help so I decided to use 2 wire. I had a Modem connected to my computer I just want use this 2 wire as router. How can I avail of resetting 2 wire for setup of this router any help?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you did the hard reset did you press and hold the reset button for at least a minute? And then with the modem off connect it to the router, Then turn modem on and let it sync up and then turn the router on and let it sync up and then turn computer on? And then sometimes depending on your isp, you may have to clone the mac address of the modem.

lulumara

I might not able to do that putting off my modem because I need my IP address as steady as well because I know it will change my IP address if I turn off the modem , I had a dynamic IP address, and I do PTC it will ban me to PTC site so I cannot do that. I did a reset for maybe more than a minute or so.