23"-24" monitor for gaming and 3D graphics

DarkLiquidus

Hi!
I would like to buy a 23" or 24" monitor for gaming and 3D graphics. I was thinking about DELL U2412M, but the 1920x1200 resolution slightly discourages me - I just wouldn't like to lose these 8% of GPU performance only in order to have a 2cm higher display. This is why I was also thinking about DELL U2312HM, but in this case I am afraid that 23" will be to small for FULL HD 1920x1080 resolution. I was considering Eizo Foris FS2333 as well, but I know how much trouble some people have because of the lack of dead pixel policy.
For this reason I would extremely appreciate your help in choosing a proper monitor :)

Last edited:

jjsevdt

The problem with this question is that its an opinion and none matters more than your own. You're the one using the monitor and paying for it so you will need to make the choice. you have obviously mulled over the specs and weighed the pros and cons.

MY preference would be to the Dell 2412 due to the resolution and aspect ratio. You've already expressed concern about not wanting to trade performance for a bit of screen size so you probably should stick with a 1080p monitor.

As far as your concern about the 1080p being too small on the 23", you ought to remember that 80" TVs are using the same resolution so the 23 will just appear sharper since the pixel density is higher per sq in. Again though, its your choice. From what you've provided, I think the 23" Dell would be the best suited monitor considering your worries of the dead pixels in the other one.