2ms Tearing/ghosting What?

James^.^

I am using a new 24" 2ms 1900x1200 display /w a hd4870, and for some reason i keep getting a line of distortion when I'm playing games even though it has a 2ms response time... What am i doing wrong?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Kk, when I have it at 1900x 1200 then ccc only allows it to go to 60hz is that good enough?
If that's all you an get then yes, it's good enough. Your framerates will be capped at 60, though, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference anyways (60FPS is very good for any game).

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
James what is your video card?
*koff*
I am using a new 24" 2ms 1900x1200 display /w a hd4870

Are you using vga or the dvi?
99.999999999% chances he's using DVI. There's no reason using analog since HD4870s only come with DVI by default, and to use VGA you would need an adapter, not to mention that DVI usually provides better image quality (and if not that, at least you don't have to go through the annoying auto-adjust bullcrap), and there's no reason he wouldn't be using DVI since he's got an LCD.

Also, may I suggest you remove your sig... those links are what we here call "spam". They might, no, will get you in trouble...

ramiel-care

Ooopssss.... Sorry I didn't saw what was his video card. I know that dvi produce better image, but me I'm still using a vga at my lcd. It is doing fine with games. Sorry again. :eek:

Archangel

VIP Member
Well, actually, I do have a LCD screen here, (ok, not in use at the moment, but I do use it occasionally as off-screen) with only a VGA input. so sometimes there is a reason to use VGA. :)

but yea, I agree, I think that tearing will be gone when you enable v-sync :)

PabloTeK

The tearing may be the video card not being able to keep up with the refresh rate I THINK. Try knocking down some of the settings to see if it stops. I know my screen stopped tearing in COD4 when I turned off AA in game (doesn't look much different anyway).