5 vs. 10Mbps?

Charr

I'm currently using a ISP which gives me 10 mbps download speeds, I've had no issues with speed, but I've had other issues with the company. I have a 60GB download limit, which lately I've been going over every month, and its becoming very pricey. I hate this company, and have always wanted to switch, but living in Canada, we don't have much selection.

I found an ISP that gives 5Mbps download speeds and has no internet usage limit, which is what I need (If I had no limit I would easily exceed 150+ GB a month).

What I'm most concerned about is video streaming speeds and online games (Xbox 360, PS3, SC2, WC3), will 5mbps be able to run all those without having to buffer ever 5 seconds or lose connections?

lucasbytegenius

I'm currently using a ISP which gives me 10 mbps download speeds, I've had no issues with speed, but I've had other issues with the company. I have a 60GB download limit, which lately I've been going over every month, and its becoming very pricey. I hate this company, and have always wanted to switch, but living in Canada, we don't have much selection.

I found an ISP that gives 5Mbps download speeds and has no internet usage limit, which is what I need (If I had no limit I would easily exceed 150+ GB a month).

What I'm most concerned about is video streaming speeds and online games (Xbox 360, PS3, SC2, WC3), will 5mbps be able to run all those without having to buffer ever 5 seconds or lose connections?

I think it should be fine.

geekspence

I used to have a 1.5 Mbps connection, which I streamed Netflix and played COD Online just fine with. You probably won't be host when you're playing, but 5 is a decent connection.