80gb ipod used to tranfer music

dark_legacy2006

I have an 80gb ipod and i would like to load it up with music and format my computer and then take the muci of my ipod and put it back on my computer... is this possible?

thanks

oregon

Yes. Load it up, then sync or copy it back once you format. It should be pretty straightforward.

dark_legacy2006

Yes. Load it up, then sync or copy it back once you format. It should be pretty straightforward.

I looked it up and apparently apple went through the trouble to mkae it so you can syncronize back to your computer to avoid getting in trouble with label companies. so apparently it cant be done unless you use third party programs

cohen

I have a program that can copy files off your ipod and then onto your computer it is called "Ipod to Computer" Free program. It is really good.:)

gladrock

you dont even need a program. just make sure that in your folder options you have the 'show hidden files' (and the device should show up in your 'my computer' and copy and paste the whole lot. the names will look funny but once you put them back into itunes the names will be the same.

cohen

you dont even need a program. just make sure that in your folder options you have the 'show hidden files' (and the device should show up in your 'my computer' and copy and paste the whole lot. the names will look funny but once you put them back into itunes the names will be the same.

Yes they will have funny Names but when you want to find the songs in your music you would have to have a look at the properties. With the computer program (Ipod 2 Computer). It will already have the names done and the file renamed. So it is easier just to use a program for the ease of naming the file.

:)