<>

kobaj

VIP Member
Ill help!

Lets start with 3d view, because that will help all your other problems. Open up hammer get your map loaded and click the little red camera (on your left). With the camera still selected click inside the 3d view area. Then on your keyboard press delete. all your viewing angles should go crazy wako and reset them selfs. Now you should be able to click the little red camera again, and be able to move around in the 3d view area like normal with your map in view. Moving around is just like playing in css, WASD and mouse.

Texturing will be so much easier now. Fly around in the 3d view to where you can see the brush you want to texture, specifically the face you want to texture. Click the texture tool (looks like a brick with green squares around the side, also on your left). The whole brush should turn red (or not but whatever) while you still have the texture tool open, in 3d view select the face you want. Now only that face should be selected, and you can apply your texture like normal, and it will only appear on that face.

Importing your own texture is not as easy, and I dont have the full grasp of it yet. Here is a link on how to do it, but what I suggest is google for a texture kit where someone else has made like 1000 textures already and put them into a file that you just extract and you have more textures available. I used one on hl2files, cant remember the name of it though, sorry.

Good luck with your map. I cant wait to play it. ;)

If I was unclear or you want more help, post back, and perhaps Ill find a guide that can better explain things. :D