8600GT and Ultra

WeatherMan

Source

dsc09094tg8.jpg

Iluvpenguins

well the x1k series and the 7 series were funny,cuz the high end x1k series cards were better than the high end 7 series nvidia...but the 7 series had better midrange cards(performance wise and cheaper) than the midrange x1k series..so we'll have to wait and see

heyman421

banned
sorry for a lame question, but is it normal for the high end card to come out first, and then the midrange cards?

Makes it so confusing to people like me who are only looking at hardware when they NEED to upgrade, and see all these numbers, and figure the 8600 is simply an older card than the 8800's

it'd be so much easier for idiots like me if they kept the same 8800 model number, and simply changed the suffix to like gte for economy or something.

looks promising, tho, i don't know if i can wing $600 for a gtx anytime soon, and my x1300pro has gotta go sooner than later, i scored a 2300 on pcmark06 :(

kof2000

the link says Q3 07

and check the near bottom of the site they mention about the geforce 8900 and the r600 ;)

heyman421

banned
honestly, they're probably trying to sell as many 8800's as they can now to the 'elite gamers' since those people will probably be looking toward ATI once their card comes out, if it indeed outperforms the 8800.

just a thought.

the market for the midrange cards will not fluctuate nearly as much as the market for the highest end cards once a better competitor comes along, so they're trying to beef up their margins now.

kof2000

thing is though right now you can play every single game max settings with no problem on a 8800 so not everyone wanted the latest unless they have money to spare.

i would probably just get another 8800gtx when i start to feel the game hiccups :)

lovely?

the game wont hiccup on a 8800gtx for a few years, nobody should be worried, because game manufacterers arent going to be able to go to that extreme of graphics for years

kof2000

that remains me.... they take out freakin 400 dollars every paycheck damn goverment :)

hopefully i can get most of them back when i file it :)

heyman421

banned
ya, i pay for my own school, so i get most of mine back every year

this year it's going to be a dual core and an 8800

and finally a stand for the 3 monitors i bought :(

maroon1

You can see the specs of GeForce 8600 Ultra, 8600 GT, 8300 GT and 8300 GS at this website
http://www.nordichardware.com/news,5442.html

GeForce 8600 Ultra, 8600 GT, 8300 GT and 8300 GS are all based on 80nm core.

Also they are releasing a 8800GTS with 320MB video memory and it is going to be $100 less than the 640MB version.

untitledxn3.jpg

Last edited:

Iluvpenguins

the game wont hiccup on a 8800gtx for a few years, nobody should be worried, because game manufacterers arent going to be able to go to that extreme of graphics for years

Uhm...okay?Where do you get your facts?Pretty sure that as newer games are released...newer cards will be needed...think about it,dx 9 was sweet with the 6 series and then games needed more,so the 7 series came...so why wouldnt there be higher end 8 series cards and 9 series....so right now the games wont hiccup,but in a year or so...there will be games that will possibly make it so the 8800GTX can't run em at full without hiccups.