8800 GT question

Archangel

VIP Member
I've had a 4800+ X2 s939 for ages, and it worked rather well. building a computer when you wanted to take a small step, but might end up buying a whole new pc always is kind of a problem.

when you want a faster cpu than a 4800+, you would need a new motherboard, and new RAM (and the processor ofcourse). so my suggestion would be to wait a bit longer, and get something like a 7900gtx or 7950gt or something liek that 2nd hand.
A lot of people are ditching those cards to get a 8800GT, so i think now is a good time to get a high end dx9 card cheap :) (at least over here it is)
by the time that card becomes really obselete, your processor and RAM will be too. and that would be a perfect time to replace the whole lot at once then :eek:

its just an idea, and its most likely what I would do :)

billywilly92

Archangel that sounds like a good idea especially since I was going to wait to get the whole new motherboard and stuff because I don't have the money right now for it. So maybe I'll wait till newer stuff comes out and get the top of line computer. Thanks for all the help everyone.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah if you don't have the money then dont do it. You can just get a x2 4200/4400/4800 for now then do a major upgrade later :)