A gift for my Mom

laznz1

Ok firstly

What is the Comp used for???

Whats her old one running??? (it mite be better to upgrade seeing your a first time buillder)

oh and what is your currency in?

Last edited:

ricoswavydog

Ok firstly

What is the Comp used for???

Whats her old one running??? (it mite be better to upgrade seeing your a first time buillder)

oh and what is your currency in?

she does alot of office excell type stuff office pro and cd recordings alot of work office stuff and the grand kids like to do some gameing on it when they are over there
$800 usd
old one can't be upgraded this is a gift and the old one is maxed out already she really need a new one
I can build them this is my first full build from scrach i have replaced her hard drive befor and her mother board before already

Dystopia

get a much better GPU, I have never even heard of the x1550 or whatever! Also, it will be cheaper to get ONE 500GB instead of TWO 250GB HDDs. you will need thermal grease, its like 5 bucks.

ok you dont need a 700+ power supply for a home computer. your going to be running a very weak graphics card, the most you will need for this system is 500, and with 500 you would still have tons of wattage to use leftover, so get a cheaper psu, and get a operating system

another thing i would segest is getting a cheaper cpu, for whats shes using that computer for you wouldnt need to spend over 100 dollors on a cpu,

ricoswavydog

ok you dont need a 700+ power supply for a home computer. your going to be running a very weak graphics card, the most you will need for this system is 500, and with 500 you would still have tons of wattage to use leftover, so get a cheaper psu, and get a operating system

another thing i would segest is getting a cheaper cpu, for whats shes using that computer for you wouldnt need to spend over 100 dollors on a cpu,

could you suggest a good cpu for that motherboard please?
I will look for a 500watt ps too thanks

ricoswavydog

forgot to say os will be windows xp

here is a powersupply, 20 dollor's after rebate its made by raidmax there a very good brand , ive been running one of there 400 wat power supplys for 3 years
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152029

and after revising the proccessers that can go with that motherbored i changed my mind.
mainly because thats the best one for the price might as well spend 20 more dollors then normal for the great speed change right?