A Network HDD is FAT32, but could it be changed to NTFS?

A Network HDD is FAT32, but could it be changed to NTFS?
I am going to put together a network drive. I will be buying a network drive enclosure for 50 dollars and a 300GB HDD for 100 dollars. But they'res a slight problem. Fat32 has a limit of 4GB max file size...and that sucks...could i change it to NTFS to allow higher file sizes?

Is there any way???

ANY help is appreciated :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
well yeh you can format as said there, but really, when the hell are you gonna have a SINGLE FILE that is over 4Gb....

lee101

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
well yeh you can format as said there, but really, when the hell are you gonna have a SINGLE FILE that is over 4Gb....
raw avi video from video camera??

and yes, you should be able to format it

Lee :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
raw avi video from video camera??
well yeh, but why would you be streaming that much data across the network, thats a bit silly isnt it.... if you wanted to do that you should do it on a local harddrive (which would most prob be in NTFS)

lee101

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
well yeh, but why would you be streaming that much data across the network, thats a bit silly isnt it.... if you wanted to do that you should do it on a local harddrive (which would most prob be in NTFS)
yeh, i suppose, but you could just keep it on there for storage, and a few iso files are over 4 gig, like linux distros

Lee :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
this is almost breaking forum rules, depending on what Ku-Sama is planning on doing with this ISO, anyway, BACK ON TOPIC before a mod gets hear.

Ku-sama

banned
uhm, not cracking the game, then useing 15 virtual drives to play Generals, Farcry, FEAR, Diablo 2, Diablo 1, Warcraft 3, CoD, and alot more :p and yeah, its an easy format, theres alot of ways to do it, try googling it

ZER0X

VIP Member
To Convert FAT32 to NTFS just goto command prompt and type this...
"C:\> CONVERT C: /fs:ntfs"

C is the drive you want to convert

The_Other_One

VIP Member
The problem you guys don't understand, this harddrive RUNS as a FAT32 device. That's just how the hardware works. YOu can format it to be NTFS, but you will loose the network drive capabilities...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
The_Other_One said:
The problem you guys don't understand, this harddrive RUNS as a FAT32 device. That's just how the hardware works. YOu can format it to be NTFS, but you will loose the network drive capabilities...
ah, never thought of it like that, is this just on the cheap moels or on all Network Storage drives. I would have thought NTFS would be an industry standard by now

dave