A NewEgg question

Oddler

How often does NewEgg re-arrange its prices for PC parts? I have a PC Build I want to make but I would love to wait for the best opportunity to purchase it to save some cash.

Questions:
1) How often does NewEgg re-arrange its prices for PC Parts?
2) Is there any way to predict if it will be lower or higher? [I'd hate to pass up a good deal if it reaches its lowest point and then goes up high again]

inb4PriceCheckbutton [it doesn't quite answer the above questions perfectly....but it's a useful option for sure]

Mez

There isn't any set date/time on when Newegg changes their prices. When it happens, it happens.

jonnyp11

Newegg is the best e-tailer, and when they loose in price, they kill the other in selection and ease of navigation.

Although you should check out microcenter, in-store you can get an i5-2500k and a z68 mobo for 50 off together, and their 2500k is already 40 cheaper than newegg, they have the best cpu prices and great combo deals.

Darren

Staff member
Subscribe to Newegg's email newsletter. I saved about 60 dollars on my build because of those.

The prices can change from day to day. Don't wait to long though, or the prices will start going up since they stop making them.

paulcheung

Subscribe to Newegg's email newsletter. I saved about 60 dollars on my build because of those.

The prices can change from day to day. Don't wait to long though, or the prices will start going up since they stop making them.

Prices on computer, computer parts and electronics in general are going down all the times as new and better products come out. except on shortage like hard drive cause by crisis.
So the longer you can wait the cheaper and the better product you get. Only if some vender want to sell out old products to make rooms for new product you may get a better deal thank tommorow.
Cheers.

Geoff

VIP Member
Newegg typically has sales going on all the time, whether it be for St. Patrick's Day, Valentines Day, Black Friday, etc. I would wait until tomorrow to see if there are any specials going on. They also have a daily "Shellshocker" deal, which is an item heavily discounted.

With Amazon you are buying from third parties, I would rather spend a few dollars more to buy everything from a very fast, and reputable company like Newegg. Besides, would you rather get everything all at once or piece by piece through 1-2 weeks from misc companies? The shipping is usually cheaper on Newegg as well, especially if you order multiple items.

G80FTW

Im sure half of this forum would not be here if not for Newegg. I have been a hardcore Newegg supporter since 2001 with my first computer build. And I will never buy from another site, unless Im looking for old parts that they dont sell.

From what Iv seen, their prices are usually the best and even if they are slightly higher, the support from Newegg is just the best. Never had a problem RMAing parts when needed. They have always taken care of me.